> Yeah, zero might actually prevent appending to the mailbox.  'none'
> might work in cyradm to disable quotas, but it definitely won't work as
> part of a IMAP SETQUOTA command.  A quick peak at the source leads me to
> believe that any value < 0 *should* disable the quota check.

Ok. I see what I was thinking of. I generally use the perl module
IMAP::Admin to administrate cyrus. To remove a quota you use its setquota
object method with an argument of 'none'. So thats where I got that from.
Using straight-up IMAP commands one would remove a quota by doing the
following:

. SETQUOTA "user.username" ()

So far as I can tell, setting the quota to zero (0) does in fact keep you
from appending to the mailbox (assuming youre not using IGNOREQUOTA). Having
not used cyradm, Im not sure how it does it. The man page seems to suggest
that using 'none' removes the quota. Using a negative int via IMAP doesnt
seem to work (see attached trace).

Regardless, thanks for the correction!

-matt

Trace: