Joe,

I have attached my user-rename patch, which I quickly ported to 2.0.16.
Apply this patch in the imap/ directory of any recent distro (2.0.15 or
later, including hiersep-r2).

I don't have time to test it, but not much has changed since I
originally wrote it, so it _should_ work fine.  You definitely want to
make sure that the old and new accounts are inactive when you do the
rename because none of the meta-data files are locked (seen state,
subscriptions, quota(s)).  This is the main reason why this patch has
not been rolled into the main distro yet.

Use this at your own risk.  I take no responsibility if all hell breaks
loose -- but it shouldn't as long as you keep BOTH accounts inactive.
Depending on the size of the user's mailbox, this could be a long
operation.

Ken

Joe Ellis wrote:

> that patch would be great.  unless it might be easier to make a new
> mailbox and copy the contents of the old mailbox to the new one and
> delete the old one. ...if its possible.  i didn't see a copy command
> when i was in cyradm though.
>
> Ken Murchison wrote:
> >
> > Joe Ellis wrote:
> > >
> > > imap> renm user/robert~mflexample-com user/rob
> > > renamemailbox: Operation is not supported on mailbox
> > >
> > > imap> lam user/robert~mflexample-com
> > > robert~mflexample-com lrswipcda
> > > mailadmin lrswipcda
> > >
> > > im using cyrus-imapd-2.0.15-HIERSEP-r2.  i get the same error on
> > > cyrus-imapd-2.0.14 except the '/' is a '.'
> > >
> > > any ideas ?
> >
> > The error says it all.  Renaming a user's INBOX is not currently
> > supported.  Hopefully it will be supported in a future release.
> >
> > If you really need this, I have an old patch which I'll have to update
> > to the current release that implements this, provided that you prohibit
> > both the old and new user from logging in during the rename.
> >
> > Ken
> > --
> > Kenneth Murchison     Oceana Matrix Ltd.
> > Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
> > 716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
> > --PGP Public Key--    http://www.oceana.com/~ken/ksm.pgp
>
> --
> Joe Ellis

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127

user-rename.patch.gz