Cyrus Daboo wrote:
> Our products Mulberry and SilkyMail are pretty much the only shipping
> clients that use IMSP. The old Simeon/ExecMail client used IMSP too, but
> that is no longer being supported. The SilkyMail IMSP support is provided
> as a PHP module. This is currently not available as part of the base PHP4
> distribution, but you can grab it from the SilkyMail source distribution
> which is free.

<...>

> In an ideal world, ACAP, the successor protocol to IMSP, would be
> available, and that would deal with these types of issues. However, the
> ACAP effort is all but dead, leaving IMSP as the only viable remote
address
> book and preferences protocol in use.

Thanks for clarifying that, Cyrus. What about LDAP--is there any reason that
LDAP cannot be used for address-book synchronization?

The only other address synchronization client I'm aware of is Windows
Address Book (wab.exe) which can sync with the HotMail address book. However
I'm not aware of a published standard that this uses--it's probably
proprietary.

If there are no real options for standards that support address book sync I
guess we'll have to write our own for our webmail site :-(