>imap:/var/imap #  /usr/cyrus/bin/ctl_mboxlist -u < mailboxes
>fatal error: can't initialize mboxlist environment
>imap:/var/imap #  /usr/cyrus/bin/ctl_mboxlist -c
>fatal error: can't initialize mboxlist environment
>imap:/var/imap #
>
>this errors i got ... mboxlist environment, this looks like that the imap
>file structure are damaged or ?

Hoping you are talking about Cyrus 2.0.x:

There can be a simple reason: Do you run "ctl_mboxlist" as
the cyrus imap user? These programs are checking the effective user id of
the process and are denying it if it is 0 (root). But normally (looking at
the source code), it should give "fatal error: must run as the Cyrus user"
then...

Second explanation try:
It means that there is an inconsistency with your mailboxes.db file (the
name(s) depend on your Database library lying under it). If you compiled
Cyrus with DB3, then you can do a

db_dump /var/imap/mailboxes.db
(assuming your cyrus config is in /var/imap)

You should get something like

VERSION=3
format=bytevalue
type=btree
HEADER=END
[... many other info...]

For other db, dbm or gdbm database types (if you have mailboxes.pag and
mailboxes.dir, you have the dbm library) there should be appropriate
commands.
Try also

ctl_mboxlist -d

to see if it works.

As posted before, I also noticed some problems with ctl_mboxlist -u.
Backup your /var/imap/mailboxes.db (or.pag and .dir) and /var/imap/db/*.
Delete all items in /var/imap/db afterwards and your mailboxes.db (or .pag
and .dir). Do a "touch /var/imap/mailboxes.db" (or
touch /var/imap/mailboxes.pag /var/imap/mailboxes.dir) and run

ctl_mboxlist -u < mailboxes

afterwards. Face yourself to the fact that you have to redo all ACLs
afterwards (see my former posting to this list).

Finally.

Pascal