From: Francesc Guasch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 13:20
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: back to lmtpd problems

Nick Ustinov ha escrito:

> It's Linux RedHat 7.0 with kernel 2.4.2-0.1.28smp running at dual p3/550
> and the system launches approx the same number of lmtpds.
>
> The e-mails are being delivered, but EXTREMELY slow. I don't know where
the
> problem is, however the system is unable to deliver more than 100-200
> e-mails per minute. As you understand, while it is delivering 100-200

Hi Nick. I've had no such scenario but let me guess something (that
could be completely wrong).

My bet is your problem is in disk speed. You have a limit of concurrent
delivering caused by your drive. When it reaches that limit it
gets worse. I'd try to set a max number of concurrent delivering
lmtpd processes in sendmail. I'd also buy faster scsi drives.

Another thing you could consider is replace sendmail and start using
postfix. I've seen reports of incredible number of mails delivered
and I've been using it in many servers happilly. It supports cyrus,
lmtpd and avp.

In the postfix mailing list I've seen people who have a lot of
users like you. Maybe you should check the postfix archives or
subscribe to the list. ( low noise ).

--
 --Frankie