Amos Gouaux wrote:

> sj>   I spent a few days figuring out why this beast was crashing. And all
> sj> because lots of people still are unaware of elementary secure
programing
> sj> issues, hence they make trivial mistakes such as sprintf()-ing
variable
> sj> length string into a fixed size buffer. Sigh...
>
> Looks like this was contributed to CMU.
>
> Wait, did you use the --with-notify option to configure?  If so,
> what did you specify it as?

Yes, that is contributed code. By me! When I posted it to the list I warned
that I'm not a regular C coder and that this is a quick hack mainly copied
and pasted from someone else's code, but I guess that that warning didn't
get through to the docs.

Anyway, this is an obvious and stupid mistake, and I'm sorry that you've
been caught by it. I haven't actually got around to using notify_unix at our
site, which is why I haven't checked the code more carefully, and haven't
been caught by this bug.