[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Cillian Sharkey writes:
> >
> >Marko Cuk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> I have working cyrus, but I have problems with migration.
> >>
> >> If I try to move messages in Netscape client, it moves some folders,
but on
> >> some folders I get an error, that message contains invalid header...
> >
> >I got that too when doing a mass-conversion a while back, but my script
simply
> >'ignored' troublesome mails and carried on. I never did track down what
header
> >Cyrus didn't like as the number of dropped mails was small. I'd recommend
> >tracking down which message is causing the problem then look for any
invalid
> >headers (or post it here nothing seems amiss).
>
> Here's an example of a messages that Cyrus rejected when I was
> testing loading Cyrus mailboxes from Unix mailboxes:
>
>         From <IMAP4.psuedo.sims> Fri Sep 28 10:09:00 2001
>         Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 10:09:00 -0500 (CDT)
>         From: Postmaster
>         Subject: Message from mail server

The problem is the 'From' header. I patched imap/message.c so that rather
than saying
  if (*p <= ' ') return IMAP_MESSAGE_BADHEADER;
it says
  if (*p < ' ') return IMAP_MESSAGE_BADHEADER;

I haven't seen any bad side-effects from this. I've been running it for over
a month. I made this change because HotMail adds this header, and dragging
messages in Outlook Express from a HotMail account to an IMAP account fails
without the patch.