I'm using Qmail+Cyrus+SASL ... it's virtual accounts with virtual users and
seems to be supporting multiple boxes one multiple domains. Here is a short
list of what got Qmail+Cyrus up and running ...

1.) Any Cyrus+SASL HOWTO will work for compiling instructions
2.) Add qmail to the mail group (not sure how secure this is but it fixed
    a lot of problems)
3.) Make sure /usr/cyrus and /var/imap are chown'd cyrus.mail (I overlooked
    this initially)
4.) I had to support [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED] on the same machine
    and preferably with the same codebase so I created a simple script that
    I put in my .qmail-vhost-default files that rewrites info and passes the
    email off to deliver.
5.) I create accounts like this:
    1.) echo password | saslpasswd -p username
    2.) create the inbox using username_domain_tld
    3.) point mail.domain.tld to my mail frontend (squirrel) and modified my
        php frontend to convert [EMAIL PROTECTED] to username_domain_tld.
    4.) The above script in the .qmail-vhost-default file takes the To: header
        and simply replaces @ and . with _ and passes it on to deliver.

The one drawback is no .'s or _'s in usernames ... but when I get a customer
that has more than the combination of numbers, letters and -'s I'll worry about
that :)

With a decent SAN this should scale to support many, many, many users - and
the best part is it does it from one code base :)

--Joe

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 12:59:27PM +0700, Abu @ Trabas Dot Com wrote:
> We are using IMAP::Admin, its perl module.
>
> Are you using qmail+cyrus, using virtual user and virtual domain?
> would you share to use how to qmail deliver to cyrus imapd.
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe Stump([EMAIL PROTECTED])@Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 05:30:14PM -0500:
> > Anyone out there have any scripts to add virtual accounts?
> >
> > I have Qmail+Cyrus+SASL+PHP on the server. I need an API to allow partners to
> > create users via a HTTP script of some sort.
> >
> > --Joe
> >
> > Joe Stump <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > "How would this sentence be different if pi equaled 3?"
>
> --
>    __
>   (oo)
>  / \/ \ GnuPg public information         pub 1024/EBD26280
>  `V__V' A9A9 8F57 9E9D 14E3 05B4  3EDB C241 A313 EBD2 6280
> Don't relax!  It's only your tension that's holding you together.

Joe Stump <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"How would this sentence be different if pi equaled 3?"

PGP signature