I got the same error when adding "-u cyrus -auth
login"...

BTW, "imtest" authenticates without problems:

su-2.05$ imtest -u cyrus -m login localhost
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * OK smith Cyrus IMAP4 v2.0.16 server ready
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT
MULTIAPPEND SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE
S: C01 OK Completed
Password:
C: L01 LOGIN cyrus {8}
+ go ahead
C: <omitted>
L01 OK User logged in
Authenticated.
Security strength factor: 0

  I'm using sasldb for authentication.

Any ideas ?

--- "Abu @ Trabas Dot Com" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Try #cyradm -u cyrus -auth login localhost
> IMAP Password:xxx
> localhost>
>
> have you create cyrus password, if you use sasl:
> #sasldblistuser
> #saslpasswd cyrus
> Password:xxx
>
> by root.
>
> Marcelo Romaniuc([EMAIL PROTECTED])@Mon, Nov 05,
> 2001 at 09:35:52AM -0800:
> > Hi,
> >

> >   I'm stuck on this problem for a while (hope
> someone
> > can give me a solution)
> >   When I call "cyradm localhost" I got the
> following
> > message:
> >

> > $cyradm localhost
> > IMAP Password:
> >
> >               Login failed: authentication failure
> at

/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i586-linux/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm