Hello all I have another question which is probably as stupid as my
 first but here goes:

 Im trying to use SSL to make secure imap connections to my server:

 I have generated a self-signed certificate using the rsa key and
 signing request that I created. I have also put the following to lines
 in my imapd.conf file:

 tls_cert_file: /var/imap/srvtab/server.crt
 tls_key_file: /var/imap/srvtab/server.key

 At the moment sasl is set to use sasldb for authentication:

 sasl_pwcheck_method: sasldb

 But every time I try and test it I get the following error, it looks
 to me like its saying It cant find the cert file (even though I have
 ensured that the permissions on the files are set so the cyrus reader
 can see it) but then it says its self certified? How can it say that
 if it cant see the file?

 imtest -t "" localhost

 C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * OK esme.webscreen-technology.com Cyrus IMAP4 v2.0.16 server ready
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID
NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT MULTIAPPEND
SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE STARTTLS
AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 AUTH=CRAM-MD5 X-NETSCAPE
S: C01 OK Completed
Nov 14 11:03:19 esme imapd[12226]: TLS engine: cannot load CA data
S01 OK Begin TLS negotiation now
Nov 14 11:03:19 esme imapd[12226]: TLS engine: No CA file specified.
Client side certs may not work
verify error:num=18:self signed certificate
Segmentation fault(core dumped)
esme# Nov 14 11:03:19 esme imapd[12226]: starttls: TLSv1 with cipher
(NONE) (0/0 bits) no authentication
Nov 14 11:03:19 esme imapd[12226]: Undefined error: 0, closing
connection

Any ideas where i amy be going wrong?

Cheers

Brent