On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Lawrence Greenfield wrote:
> You can also snmpwalk <server> public .1.3.6.1.4.1.3.6
> and that should get you the same information.

Oh, it will.  But I am packaging the thing, and I want to do it as well as
it can be done.  For an example of what I mean by this, I am testing my
patches that will properly daemonize master (pidfile locking, setsid, and
all that) to lessen the headaches when starting master from something else
than init.

Once I have tested such patches enough, I will post the patches to this ML
and to the bug-reporting address.  Then I will try to add "process
overlording" init-style to master :P

Right now, my beta packages are distributing a "stand alone" patched
cyrusMasterMIB file that has OIDs instead of cmuCyrus and enterprise.cmu.
As long as you guys update the MIB file you're distributing should those
OIDs change, I will notice it and do the same for the Debian package.

> business.  I'll consider how to correctly distribute the
> CYRUS-MASTER-MIB so that it stays in sync with the cmu mib.

Thanks.

  Henrique Holschuh