te> Only limitation is that without sieve filtering I'm left without the ability
te> to properly filter mailing lists administered elsewhere which I subcribe to as
te> a regular user to archive for public use at my site.

Not to be rude, but... so?  We do the same as well, including
traffic from this list.  In most cases I purge these out
periodically so they don't get too cluttered.  That has been
sufficient.  The new ipurge should make this even easier.

Speaking of ipurge--it would be nifty if you could give it a flag to
ignore certain messages.  Perhaps ignore messages that are marked
"special".  Now that would be incredibly cool.

Even if Sieve for shared folders was available, I'd be concerned
that processing Sieve for such archives might hit some pretty
serious performance bottlenecks.

te> I could always stack a procmail in front of this, but then I'm back to an

Yuck.  :-)

--
Amos