Hello,

Just trying. I am a beginner with Imap protocol and I just have stupid
questions. I already sent a few mails and did not have any positive answer.
Of course my questions were probably utterly stupid.

Thus, I just need to start Cyrus-Imap (mail server Postfix is already running
faultless).

1) Is it possible to find examples of config files with short explanation.
These are available for other softwares.
2) I have a problem of password authentication. Several protocols are
possible but it is difficult to choose which one and all the available doc
are not clear. I can't even log in cyradm (cyradm -u cyrus localhost : IMAP
passwd : authenticate refused in /var/log/messages: >imapd(837):
badlogin:localhost (127.0.01) PLAIN no mechanisme available) with cyrus
account: password is no more authenticated which did not happened before.
3) does a manual exists that tells how to launch Cyrus-Imap and test it?

Thank you for just a few tips that will help me to know where to look.

--
Alain Barthélemy