Michael Bartosh wrote:
> OK.
>
> ran ldd on libgssapiv2.so and found that for some reason I had to
> copy a lot of kerb libs to /usr/lib, which fixed
>
> Oct 10 19:48:25 4am imapd[22837]: unable to dlopen
> /usr/lib/sasl/libgssapiv2.so: libgssapi.so.1: cannot load shared
> object file: No such file or directory

My SASL configure entry on the following page disables stuff like GSSAPI so
you don't have to both with this if you don't need it:
http://cyrus-utils.sourceforge.net/faq/install/redhatinstall.php

A lot of people seem to have trouble with PAM/shadow. I don't use it so I
don't know the answer to your specific question. I use pwcheck, which is
another option for you.

>>  and contents of /var/log/imapd.conf,
>
>For some reason nothing is being written to the file?

I meant '/var/log/imapd.log', sorry. Search for 'syslog' in
doc/install-configure.html to see how to turn logging on.