Hi Jeremy, Hi Alice, Hi ML,

I've some problems getting sieve to work.

>You can store in /usr/sieve/j/jh_lists (for instance)

O.K. if done this.
My directory is /usr/sieve/j/jochenmetzger (for instance)
(jochenmetzger is my mailbox-user)

What are the recommend rights?
I've got 755 on all directories in /usr/sieve

> in a file
> called 'default'.
o.k. I used sieve-php -> it made up a file

default.script and a link

default -> default.script

>And `chown -R cyrus:mail /usr/sieve`.

O.K. I did this....

> You don't need a Sieve server--it's built into imapd. You can
> use a sieve
> script upload daemon to simplify administration of Sieve
> scripts; uncomment
> the sieve line in /etc/cyrus.conf and `man timsieved`.

I've set up one for sieve-php -> this works pretty.

I haven`t changed imapd.conf because I use
default in /usr/sieve
and sieve-files in userdirectories is false
(which - concerning man imapd.conf) should be default.

That's what my default rule looks like:
require "fileinto";
if address :contains :all ["to", "cc", "bcc"] "PI:"{ fileinto
"INBOX.hallo";}
else {fileinto "INBOX";
}

In my opinion sieve isn't being used.
Is sieve being used by default or must I change an option to activate it
(in cyrus.conf or imapd.conf)
I use imapd 2.0.16.

Well I tried
require "fileinto";
if address :contains :all ["to", "cc", "bcc"] "PI:"{ fileinto
"INBOX.hallo";}
else {fileinto "INBOX.2 Test";
}
as well, but the messages are still all delivered to INBOX.

So the system isn't really reading sieve-rules.....

-> For instance. Do I have to reload something, when changing the rules?
<-

Can someone give a helping hand?
THX for your help

Jochen Metzger

P.S. I think this might be easier as getting cyrus run. So I'm really
glad to have arrived here by far.