I finally got all the error messages to go away and now I just can't seem to
log into cyradm. I added users to sasl and I have listed the users in there
and all seems well.

However, when I try to do

cyradm -u cyrus localhost
or
cyradm -u cyrus palka

(I have cyrus listed as an admin in imapd.conf)
IMAP Password:

Login failed: generic failure at
/usr/cyrus/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line
78
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as cyrus

Running IMTEST:
imtest -m login -p imap localhost
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * OK palka Cyrus IMAP4 v2.0.16 server ready
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID
NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT MULTIAPPEND SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUB
JECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE STARTTLS
S: C01 OK Completed
Password:
C: L01 LOGIN cyrus {4}
+ go ahead
C: <omitted>
L01 NO Login failed: generic failure
Authentication failed. generic failure
Security strength factor: 0

What am I doing wrong? I did ldd on master and imapd and both find sasl
library. Am I missing something? In IMAPD, sasl is set up with sasldb, so
that seems right. Is this another Solaris issue? Getting rid of the perl
module errors has been a handful (which is weird because cyrus is deployed
on a SOLARIS box at CMU, as their webpage states).

Here is my imapd.conf

configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
srvtab: /var/imap/srvtab
tls_cert_file: /usr/cyrus/conf/cyrus.pem
tls_key_file: /usr/cyrus/conf/cyrus.pem
admins: cyrus
sasl_pwcheck_method: sasldb
sendmail: /usr/lib/sendmail