Greetings.

Is there a way to configure the following line in the imapd.conf file to
use an SMTP port instead of the local delivery agent?

sendmail:               /usr/sbin/sendmail

change to something like:

sendmail:               servername.domain

The problem I am facing is that our systems use Postfix instead of
Sendmail.  The Cyrus and Postfix configuration we are using is based on
the -C config option.  This means "servers" are bound to specific IP
addresses, and not physical systems.  Sieve is using the local delivery
agent to send outgoing messages (like vacation, rejections, etc.) which
is not configured for virtual servers - therefore having Sieve use an
SMTP server would eliminate all configuration problems.

Is this possible?

Thanks -John