This is a known bug in the 2.0.15-HIERSEP
sort-of-proof-of-concept-release, briefly mentioned on the list a couple
months ago, I think. The problem is triggered by being subscribed to a
folder that doesn't exist (which actually doesn't contradict RFC
recommended behavior, IIRC, but is unintuitive). Workaround: edit
/var/imap/user/X/Xusername.sub and delete any folders that do not
actually exist in your mailbox.

--
Jules Agee
System Administrator

Private communication between citizens is necessary to ensure the
continued preservation of freedom. For more information, see:
http://www.computerprivacy.org/archive/03171998-5.shtml
http://www.gnupg.org

My public encryption key is available here:
http://keyserver.pgp.com/pks/lookup?op=get&exact=on&search=0x21662FE4