On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Pascal Longrais wrote:
> I am using cyrus imap v2.0.9 on a linux server.
>
> I can without any problem move mails from Inbox to drafts or sent or
> templates subfolders.
>
> but when I want to send a mail, netscape reports "permission denied"
> when it tries to store a copy in INBOX.Sent.
>
> I serched in the logs but can't find any auth problem reported.

Netscape 6.2's release notes (in Help->Help and support center) has the
following notes for Mail and News:

"Linux: You may encounter problems if you install Netscape in a root user
environment then run as another user. Problems include saving to Sent
folder, Drafts, Templates or general authentication problems."

Please don't ask me to explain that. How can one NOT install Netscape as
root?

Chris