On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> sageetha satheesan schrieb am Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 09:06:51PM -0800:
> * hi,
> *    I had a problem installing cyrus imap. i already
> * installed cyrus-sasl-1.5.27.
> *  I followed the instructions as per given in the Cyrus
> * IMAP HOWTO --- in the site :
> * http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Cyrus-IMAP.html#toc6
> *
> * After creating a default user called cyrus and
> * assigning the password. I proceeded to build files
> * using the following instructions :
> *
> *    make depend
> *    make all CFLAGS=-O
> *    make install
> *
> * The error occured after typing :
> *     make all CFLAGS=-O
> *
> *  error was:
> *
> * cyrusdb_db3.c:44:16: db.h: No such file or directory
> *
> * what should i do now? Please help. Thank you.
>
> Please provide system and (if possible) distribution used, e.g.
> by issuing a "uname -a".
>
> I can only speak for linux, and only a limited number of distros.
> When using RedHat/SuSE/Mandrake, it may be the case that you do
> not have the appropriate db*-devel-RPMs installed.
>
> This leads to the effect that the lib is there (which cyrus'
> configure script will happily notice) but not the corresponding
> include files, so any make will fail.

Which is, technically, a buglet in cyrus' configure script... B-)
it should be looking for include files instead of library files (or both).

Anyway, the problem could be:
- wrong Berkeley DB (vendor package) version;
- Berkeley DB installed in some non standard location (like /usr/BerkeleyDB);
- missing -devel packages (in Red Hat, for example), as you stated.

.TM.
--
     /      /       /                   Marco Colombo