I've been runing an older version of cyrus-imapd for a while and am looking
to upgrade.  I have managed to configure and install cyrus-sasl-2.1.0
without a problem, however when I attempt to configure cyrus-imapd-2.1.1 I
recieve the following error message:

configure: error: libsasl2 without working sasl_checkapop.  Cannot continue.

When configuring cyrus-sasl-2.1.0 I have explicitly enabled checkapop
with --enable-checkapop which I understand to be the default anyway, but
still no success.  Not sure where to go from here.  O/S is FreeBSD 4.4.

Regards,

Scott.