Hi

We are currently running cyrus with postfix quite successfully, but now
we've run into the problem that we cannot create any more mailboxes. Issuing
'cm.username' in cyradm only produces the error message 'createmailbox:
System I/O error'. My best guess is that there are too many user mailbox
directories in the var/spool/imap/user directory, which currently holds
exactly 32768 directories.

Is there any way to make cyrus use some kind of subdirectory tree for the
user directories, which would (to me) be the obvious solution.

BTW. We're running FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE, if it matters.

Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

--
Mvh, Mattias Nilsson
Ballou Internet Services