On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Theodore J. Knab wrote:
> I upgraded to the lastest Debian packaged version of Cyrus:

Latest PRE-RELEASE packaged version :)  It has not been uploaded yet...

> After the update, all my mailboxes stopped working.

That's because the new packages reverted to the old hash method, and the
older ones used the newer hash method.

I gave up on trying to support the new hash method, there is very little
literature about it out there, and anyone who needs it should be using xfs
(or something equally fast and safe) on a FAST raid array anyway, and I
figure those people can recompile the package themselves.

Fixing the mess is easily. Run "/usr/lib/cyrus/upgrade/rehash basic" as
user cyrus.  I will add something to the postinst to do so automatically.

  Henrique Holschuh