1. read through the cyrus-utils.sf.net / faq pages on death by 11 and
the different ldap entries.

2. I think it is better to go directly via sasl to ldap. To do this,
you'll need the different sasl-ldap patches.

3. Consider storing the ldap passwords in sasldb. Then you can use cyrus
in it's normal setup with sasldb.

TH