On Monday 25 February 2002 12:10 am, David Lang wrote:
> you do this type of username mapping in sendmail (or equivalent) not in
> cyrus.
>
> in sendmail look at the virtusertable feture and with it you can set the
> type of mapping you are describing.

Thanks, this did the trick.  I did try it last night, but that was probably
the problem ;) Anyway it seems to work as expected now.  Might have to keep
tweaking the file for real users but I can live with that (I think 8)

Also the behaviour seems to have changed since the sendmail book was written
it now keeps matching till it can't stop, so:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       chris
@paradox.demon.co.uk            [EMAIL PROTECTED]

works, but:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
@paradox.demon.co.uk            [EMAIL PROTECTED]

recursed too much.  (sendmail book says it only does single matching, ah well
nothing like a bit of confusion)

> now you may be able to do something like this in sieve, I haven't looked,
> but other then that there is no way to do the user mapping at this layer.

I've not looked at sieve yet, documentation seems a tad sparse on it (but
then I've not searched that hard yet)

Thanks,
Chris