Hi,

I am completely new to Cyrus, installed cyrus-sasl-2.1.0 and
cyrus-imapd-2.1.2 on my RH6.2 with kernel 2.2.19.
I started imapd with /usr/cyrus/bin/master & and can connect via telnet to
both, pop3 and imap.

When I try to use cyradm the following message comes up after entering my
password:

[cyrus@pilatus cyrus]$ /usr/bin/cyradm localhost
IMAP Password:
              Login failed: no mechanism available at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 109
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as cyrus

What mechanism is meant here?
When I compile cyradm, there is a message telling me:
IMAP.xs: In function `get_password':
IMAP.xs:195: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

I am NO programmer so it's hard for me to see the problem of my own. Can
anyone out there tell me what to do? :-)

Thank you very much!!!

Volker