here's something really simple i threw together, hope it helps.

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
# Really simple create mailbox script
# by Steven Bloomfield - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
#
# This script only creates a new mailbox, I use MySQL for authentication
# to execute from command line
# perl /path/to/adduser.pl username
# to execute within a PHP script
# <?exec ("perl /path/to/adduser.pl ".$login);?>
# I used $login as a variable passed from a form
# To see this script in action visit http://mail.manchester.com
# Thanks to david eitzinger for help with authenticating pam->mysql database

use Cyrus::IMAP::Admin;

# hostname of IMAP server
$server = "localhost";

# user and password for cyradm
$user = "cyrususername";
$pass = "cyruspassword";

# Authenticate
my $cyrus = Cyrus::IMAP::Admin->new($server);
$cyrus->authenticate(-mechanism => 'login', -user => $user, -password =>
$pass);
die $cyrus->error if $cyrus->error;

$adduser = $ARGV[0];
$quota = "2000";
my $mbox = 'user.' . $adduser;

# Create the account
print STDERR "Creating $mbox on \n" if $debug;
$cyrus->createmailbox($mbox);
warn $cyrus->error if $cyrus->error;
# Set the quota
if ($quota)
 {
  print STDERR "Setting quota for $mbox to $quota\n" if $debug;
  $cyrus->setquota($mbox, 'STORAGE', $quota);
  warn $cyrus->error if $cyrus->error;
    }