Hy!

 I was the one who wrote that :-)

 It isn't really for load distributing, and it works on only one machine.
 The goal was to keep all mailbox-folder-data in memory (the
mailboxes.db), thus having a very very fast access to it. The old (cyrus
1.5.x) plaintext file mailboxes.db was slow, and even, the newer DB3
backends had problems, with either lockin/waiting for a lock, or by
reading/writing the db files, which is always slower, than just seeking
in the memory.

 In theory, ACAP should be the solution for your problems. With an ACAP
server, all metadata (folder names, rights, etc.) are kept separately,
and are available to all IMAP servers. Maybe you'll have to combine that
with Murder to distribute the load.

 Anyway, ACAP was not available back when I wrote that daemon. I haven't
yet used ACAP, but it should be promising.

On 14-Mar-2002 Mathieu Arnold wrote:
> What do you think of :
> http://opensource.prim.hu/mbdaemon/
> I don't really understand it's goals.
> I found it looking for a way to distribute my load across many servers.

| Noll Janos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | http://www.johnzero.hu |
| "Expect the unexpected!"    |   ICQ# 4547866   |  Be free! |