[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Here is the idea:
>
>             CyrusBox1         CyrusBox2
>                   \           /
>                    `-------------\    __/
>                             SAN
>
> The questions are:
> 1) Can it be done with out modifications to cyrus code?
> 2) if not, what has to be done
> 3) perhaps someone would like to do it for a reward in american presidents?

What are you trying to accomplish with the SAN?  Are your trying to have
a shared filesystem, or just shared storage (each server has its own
partition on the array)?

If you're just looking for shared storage, than Cyrus _should_ work
as-is.

If you're looking for a shared filesystem, then I think you want to look
below the application layer to something like SGI's CXFS (Clustered XFS
filesystem).

Which president in particular?  I'm partial to several Ben Franklins
myself ;-)

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127