I have done a new installation. However I am not able to authenticate as
user cyrus using cyradm although I have given the user cyrus a passwd  in
/etc/passwd as well as a passwd using saslpasswd. When I run:

cyradm -u cyrus localhost imap

I get the message "no authentication"

Do I need to run configure and specify --with-auth=unix? I am not
interested in having users have accounts on the machine but rather having
users have passwords using sasldb? I must have missed something here but I
followed the Linux How To exactly so perhaps someone could help me out on
this? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks