Jonathan Marsden schrieb:

> On 28 Mar 2002, Simon Matter writes:
>
> > Ramiro Morales schrieb:
>
> >> FYI, Simon Matter announced his WIP RPM packages of Cyrus 2.1.x in
> >> thsi last back in February.
>
> >>   http://home.teleport.ch/simix/
>
> > I have updated to cyrus imapd 2.1.3.  The database backends are now
> > configurable at compile.  I'm still using db3 as default because db4
> > has generated error messages and I build on RedHat 7.2 at the
> > moment.  db3 is "standard" on 7.2, I guess db4 will be in for
> > 7.3/8.0.  I'll test it on skipjack-beta1 when I find some time.
>
> FYI, the cyrus-imapd-2.1.3 SRPM rebuilt problem-free on my Red Hat 7.2
> machine here.  Looks good so far!

Mee too I don't know what is much better with DB4. I just tried it and
wanted the SRPM to be ready when DB4 comes in.
I have expected to see cyrus-sasl 2.x and DB4 in the upcoming RedHat
release. Both packages were on rawhide but now it seems they are gone.
They are not in skipjack-beta1.

Maybe this meens that DB4 is not important for RedHat but what about
sasl? Maybe it was too much trouble with sasl2 and that's why they stay
with 1.5.24. I hope not because it will make usage of cyrus-imapd 2.x
more difficult in future.

-Simon