Hello!

Am Wed, 3 Apr 2002 10:09:44 -0800 schrieb damm:

> Ok, do you have saslauthd running?  and in what manner do you have it running? ie
>saslauthd
> -a pam? or shadow? or getpwent?

now it runs....
ls -l /var/state/saslauthd
total 1
srwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            0 Apr  3 22:07 mux
-rw-------   1 root     root            0 Apr  3 22:07 mux.accept
-rw-------   1 root     root            6 Apr  3 22:07 mux.pid

> Man saslauthd and see the other options, sounds like you dont have pwcheck or
>saslauthd
> running which could be a problem.

no such manual

[...]

> > sasl_passwd_check: sasldb
> > #sasl_pwcheck_method: pwcheck
> > #sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
> >
> > The user "snips" has an entry in sasldb2.
> >
> > delta:/usr # ls -l /etc |grep sasldb2
> > -rw-r-----   1 cyrus    mail        12288 Apr  3 12:25 sasldb2

[...]

>   # at least one LMTP is required for delivery
> #  lmtp         cmd="lmtpd" listen="lmtp" prefork=0
>   lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=0
> }

> as you notice by default lmtplisten is disabled...
>
> Maybe that's why also?  it's a thought.
>
> Good luck

Man, you made my day! The lmtpunuix-line was commented. I have
a socket now!

Iīll try to solve the problem with this:
plaintext snips SASL(-13): authentication failure: checkpass fail

Itīs still there although saslauthd is running as 'saslauthd -shadow'
The user "snips" exits on the server.

cyradm -user cyrus localhost
Password:
localhost> lm
user.andreas (\HasChildren)           user.miles.Drafts (\HasNoChildren)
user.andreas.Drafts (\HasNoChildren)  user.miles.Sent (\HasNoChildren)
user.andreas.Sent (\HasNoChildren)    user.miles.Trash (\HasNoChildren)
user.andreas.Trash (\HasNoChildren)   user.miles.inbox (\HasNoChildren)
user.andreas.inbox (\HasNoChildren)   user.snips (\HasNoChildren)
user.miles (\HasChildren)

regards
--

  Andreas Meyer  http://home.wtal.de/MeineHomepage