I dug through the list archives and didn't see mention of this. If I set the
synchronization mode for Inbox to "headers only", I run into a weird timing
situation where when I try to download the message I get an error saying
that the message is no longer available on the server. It is then marked as
deleted and seen, and cannot be removed until I manually zap the message on
the backend mail store. Logs of the sessions look completely normal, in
fact, I can even see the offending message being fetched. I thought this
might be due to "local customizations" to the server, but I was able to
duplicate the issue with a stock version. I have duplicated this on two
different machines, both running some flavor of Windows 2000, version 5.5
and 6 of OE.

To duplicate, send yourself a message, then click Send/Recv. The moment the
message shows up, select it, and hit space or enter to download the message.
Or just change the setting to download messages when selected. Timing seems
important, since if you wait about 10 seconds or so, the message downloads
fine.

Just want to confirm that this is an OE oddity.

TIA,

Peter