On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 04:54:35PM -0400, Lawrence Greenfield wrote:
> the Cyrus software will never interrupt a TCP send to obey the
> timeouts; this guy isn't responding and a TCP send could take up to a
> couple of hours to time out I think.

After 12 days, I'd say it's not going to time out.  Presumably,
the PC was rebooted in the middle of the send.  The user will be
calling our support desk to report that her POP session is locked.
Should I be running a cron command to kill old pop3d processes?
I had hoped that the daemon would look after this case.