> Rob Baugh wrote:
>
> Sorry, but I am new to Linux and having to setup a mail server for
> work.  I am not sure if this is a problem with me, the imap server
> (Cyrus 2.0.16) or my webmail interface (JWMA JavaWebmail).  If I set a
> quota on a users mailbox once they reach the quota they are not
> allowed to delete or move the mail until I increase their quota to
> beyond what their mailbox currently holds.  What could be causing this
> and how can I stop it?

The problem is that there is no 'move' command in IMAP.  This is
accomplished with a 'copy'/'delete' methodology.  Because the user is
already at (or above) their quota, the 'copy' part of this will fail.
Assuming the client doesn't use a 'Trash' folder concept (which will
have the same problem as described above), messages should be able to be
'deleted' (flagged as deleted) and 'expunged' (actually deleted).

> Also how can I set the mailserver to monitor the mailbox size and warn
> the users that their boxes are approaching the limit?

The Cyrus server will ALERT the client when the mailbox is above a
certain threshold ('quotawarn' in imapd.conf) and over quota.  If the
client doesn't present these ALERTs to the user, then the client is
broken.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127