-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Justin Wood
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 3:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: outlook and closed connections

We have some users here using Outlook2000.  They are having problems
with Outlook closing connections to the cyrus server and going into
offline mode.  The error they see is:

                Your IMAP server has closed the connection.
                This may occur if you have left the connection
                idle for too long.

I'm using cyrus-imapd-2.1.3 on FreeBSD-4.5-RELEASE.  Has anyone else
seen this behavior, and have you found a fix for it?  I'm guessing that
it's just a 'feature' of Outlook, but I can still hope.

-Justin.
Justin Wood                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator
FlipDog.com
                   http://www.flipdog.com/