Our policy for  spam-control is the following:
a.  Everything which is a risk for  the network as a whole:  trap site wide
(MTA level or even before (ip-blocking)) For example we use spamshield
now to block ip routes to flooding hosts.
b.  The rest is under user control  (cannot be done at MTA level right?)

I'm not an mailserver-wizard so I may be wrong. My picture of the dance
of sendmail and cyrus (and other mailers) is that sendmail determines to
whom it should deliver and the mailers do the actual work in delivering
the stuff;  cyrus to it's own store, procmail to /var/mail/something ,
the fax mailer to the lpr spooler etc.

I want sendmail to proceed as normal in detecting for whom the message
is and deliver it unless the final recipient has specified not to do
this. Some users may actually like the spam they receive. Principle is
that I want the end user to be in control of this process ( server
based, not client filtering)

So, in my simplified picture of the world, I imagine a process between
sendmail and cyrus which knows about the users preferences in this
regard and pass on the message accordingly to the right mailbox or not.
 This should also work for group addresses (defined in /etc/aliases for
example) in which some users say ok to the message and others don't.

Is my picture of the world wrong?
It seems that mapSoN does exactly this except for the passing on to the
final mailer.

Marcel

--
Marcel van der Boom