Scott M Likens wrote:

> This is quite Sickening, RBL is a MTA implementation not needed to be
> done via Sieve, and as for spamassasin you can always write decent
> header checks and body checks for postfix to use.  I am sure there is
> the same option in sendmail.

If you have some idea how I could accomplish my stated goals on the MTA
side, please share. I've given my reasons for this approach. Why do you
feel so strongly that this belongs in the MTA?

Here's one I haven't mentioned yet - some people want to do 'fileinto
"INBOX.spam"' instead of outright blocking spams. With something purely
on the MTA side, this isn't possible at all - Cyrus is what decides
where the mail gets filed. This is possible with the X-RBL-Warning, but
I've pretty thoroughly stated why I think that's inadequate. I won't
repeat myself.

--
Scott Lamb