I use Cyrus 2.0.16 with Digest-MD5 SASL authentication on my Linux server
and it works well. But when I try to use sieveshell :

$ sieveshell -u nicko -a nicko outerspace
  connecting to outerspace
Please enter your password: xxxxx
unable to connect to server: Authentication error at /usr/bin/sieveshell
line 149, <STDIN> line 1.

I can successfully telnet to my server :
$ telnet outerspace sieve
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to outerspace.
Escape character is '^]'.
"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v1.0.0"
"SASL" "PLAIN LOGIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
regex" OK

The 'sieveshell' perl script use a $acapserver variable. Is the sieve
server related to acapd ? May I have acapd running on the box ?

My imapd.conf is very simple :

configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
allowanonymouslogin: no
sieveusehomedir: no
sasl_pwcheck_method: sasldb

I checked the archives and found related topics but no answer, has anybody
got an idea ???

Thanks

--
Nicolas Bonnefon