Hello,

I am trying to develop a 'virtual mailbox/username rewrite module'
functionality for cyrus and I think that this can easly be achieved with a
canon_user plugin.  The only issue I see so far is in the cmd_login()
function where sasl_getprop(SASL_USERNAME) and canon_user plugin are not
called and the rewrite may not occur.  I may be missing something.

Another possibilty is to modify auth_unix.c routine (or create a auth_ldap
method), but I do not see where auth_canonifyid is called in
cmd_authenticate() and may miss the rewrite.

Can someone let me know if I am on the right track or possibly offer
other suggestions?

Thanks.
-Igor