I'm running 2.1.4 on a well-patched ia32-linux-rh7.2 box;
the only oddity being that 'master' spits out
"imapd: invalid option -- s" every time it tries to start up
"imapd -s".  You get the same message if you go to the
build directory and type 'imap/imapd -s' thusly:

   partain$ ./imap/imapd -s
   ./imap/imapd: invalid option -- s

(I don't know if this is not supposed to work :-).

I assume the message is out of getopt, and I've checked that
I really am linking in the one from glibc (2.0, I believe).

I know this has come up in the past, and patches went in to
deal with thread-friendliness, or some such.

My own attempts to debug it w/ GDB didn't go too well, what
with being an old guy who grew up in a pre-threads world :-)

If I can be of assistance to someone who wants to dig into
this and figure out what's going on, please yell back.
Regards,

Will