"Marc G. Fournier" wrote:

> On Mon, 13 May 2002, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > --On Monday, May 13, 2002 1:57 PM -0400 Ken Murchison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > | I know the code pretty well, and personally I wouldn't even attempt it.
> > | Of course, I'm not a fan of the spam extension.
> >
> > Quick question: where does the X-Sieve header get added, and would it be
> > possible to use that to add extra info?
>
> in savemsg() in lmtp.c ... and tried that ... unfortunately, that is
> before the sieve filtering happens, so there is nothing to write yet ...
>
> from Ken's email, and what I've been able to follow, lmtp writes the email
> to a file before parsing through sieve ...
>
> Ken, is there a reason why it doesn't just hold it in memory?

I don't know for certain, you'd have to ask Larry.  You probably _could_
hold it in memory, but then you are essentially blowing up
singleinstancestore (or making it far more difficult), because each user
could end up having their own unique copy of the message.

If you're just trying to store info from an external spam filter, which
would be unique to each user/message, this sounds like something for
Cyrus' IMAP ANNOTATE extension.

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-imapext-annotate-04.txt

However, this currently isn't implemented and AFAIK isn't scheduled to
be done anytime soon.  FYI, I _have_ started a little bit of work on
ANNOTATEMORE (read-only).

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127