Jev wrote:

> I have users trying to check mail, they seem to authenticate fine,
> judging by the logs, but they get the error (at least in mozilla)
> [IN-USE] Unable to lock maildrop
>
> and then they get prompted for username/password again.
>
> Nothing obvious appears in my logs, and I haven't made any changes that
> would cause this! This mail server has been running without a hitch for
> several months now.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated,

These users are using POP3 to access their mail, and already have an
existing connection, which is prohibited by the spec (RFC 1939).  If
they want to have multiple clients/connections open at the same time,
then they will have to use IMAP.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127