Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

>The attached patch tries to play it safe. To the fastmail.fm crew, are you
>sure all those prot_fill calls are really needed? SHUT_RD should dump any
>unread data from the socket anyway...

Not at all sure. I suspect they're not necessary. We added them because
we had to get our server up and running again ASAP which didn't leave
time to test what was necessary and what wasn't, so we added everything
we could think of. I agree that SHUT_RD ought to correctly flush the
receive buffer. The prot_flush()s are still necessary I think--IIRC we
added a few where they seemed to be missing.

Thanks for your hard work on this, Henrique.