Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> I had a request to add DRAC support to Cyrus IMAPd in Debian, so I applied
> the already excelent patches in contrib/drac_auth.patch and cleaned them up
> a little bit (and made the default to be DRAC disabled).

Thanks for the configure and Makefile changes and for getting it to
apply cleanly.  Even though I wrote the patch, I don't use it, so I
don't always remember to keep it up to date.  I've committed an updated
patch to CVS based on your changes, but I left it enabled by default,
since if someone takes the time to patch the source, they probably want
it enabled (except for distribution maintainers like yourself).

> Here it is, patch against stock 2.1.4.  They look clean and well-done enough
> to be made part of standard Cyrus IMHO, to be enabled by anyone who wants to
> compile DRAC support in.

Don't count on it being included.  Larry and I made a conscious effort
not to included it because there is already a standard way of doing this
with SMTP AUTH.  Any good MTA and/or MUA should support SMTP AUTH, so we
shouldn't have to create a hack in an unrelated service.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127