Ema Nymton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Having just compiled cyrus-sasl and cyrus-imapd from CVS (with Berkeley DB
> 4.0.14), I have a segfault when trying to run the master process. I followed
> instructions in help files (creation of right user/group, and directory
> structure with correct rights attributes).
>
> Using GDB I have the following results :
>
> pegase:~# gdb /usr/cyrus/bin/master
> GNU gdb 19990928
> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
> conditions.
> This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...(no debugging symbols
> found)...
> (gdb) r
> Starting program: /usr/cyrus/bin/master
> (no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging
> symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
> (no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging
> symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
> 0x0 in ?? ()
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x0 in ?? ()
> #1  0x401abb32 in __db_err () from /lib/libdb.so.3
> #2  0x401a527d in db_open () from /lib/libdb.so.3

Off the top of my head, this _migbt_ be your problem.  I'm guessing you
are having a BDB version conflict.  What version of Linux is this that
is using BDB for the naming service(s)?

BTW, please stop sending messages like these to cyrus-cvs.  That list is
for CVS commit announcements only.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127