thanks for the tip, somebody on the list told me exactly the same, and now I'll prepare a patch and add it to the rpm that I'm using.

Serhiy Kuzhanov wrote:

Dear Alessandro

sorry for writing directly to you and not to the list.
The reason is that I am not subscribed to the list, therefore I cannot post
to it.

I had the very same problem as you have.
And I was searching for some kind of solution.

Even though I could not find anything on the list it looks like I figured
where the problem was.

First of all this is not a problem if you look in RFC. That's the way it
supposed to be -- no 8 bits chars in headers. Though my users as well as
yours and many other use 8 bits characters in headers (subject line for
example).

Here is what I did.

Locate imap/messages.c
and comment out the line that says

*p = 'X';

then locate imap/lmtpengine.c
and comment out the line that says

c = 'X';

Recompile and install.

I was just able to send an email with 8 bit chars in subject line and it
works.

If you go for it, please let me know if it worked with you, and if it does,
perhaps you can repost it to the list.

Regards,
Serhiy Kuzhanov

--
Best Regards,

Alessandro Oliveira
Nuno Ferreira Cargas Internacionais Ltda.
Phone: +55-11-3241-2000
Fax : +55-11-3242-9891

It's trivial to make fun of Microsoft products, but it takes a real man to make them work, and a god to make them do anything useful.