Mr Bullier Erick wrote:

I use quotas on mailbox with cyradmin.
I use scripts which check (in the night) if user go out the warning
limit (80%) of is mailbox quota.
Today, i see that a user maibox is 85% full.
So i use cyradm to check it, and cyradm write:
localhost> lq user.toto
STORAGE 5996/10000 (59%)

I didn't understand and i made a check on the file systeme:
# du -h /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/toto
28k /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/toto/Transmis
856k /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/toto/Poubelle
16k /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/toto/Brouillon
16k /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/toto/arch1
16k /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/toto/arch2
16k /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/toto/arch3
8.5M /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/totoe

What's happend?..
I don't understand.
Do you have an idea?

The cyrus quota doesn't include administrative files, such as cyrus.index and cyrus.cache -- the user is only "charged" for files they have control over. Rather than checking the filesystem directly, use /usr/local/cyrus/bin/quota (or wherever you installed it) and process that output, or have a script connect to the IMAP server using an administrative account and do getquotaroot commands.

--
John A. Tamplin Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health +1 404/727-9931