Hi Ken,

Ken Murchison wrote:
Marcus Schopen wrote:
I installed Henrique's ( http://people.debian.org/~hmh/ ) Debian woody
backport for cyrus21.

Problem is that Debain's sendmail is build with SASL 1 and cyrus21 comes
with SASL 2. Now I have two different user databases. SASL 1 is used for
sendmail's SMTP_AUTH, SASL 2 is used for cyrus21 authentification. Both
SASL versions are working fine, but now I have to manage to differnet
databases.

Is there a way to authenticate sendmail and cyrus21 against the same
user-database?

I ported Sendmail to use SASLv2 back around 8.12.4.  Its an undocumented
FFR and won't be officially supported until 8.13, but several people are
using it, including me.  You'll have to compile it yourself using a
config such as:

APPENDDEF(`confENVDEF', `-DSASL=2')
APPENDDEF(`conf_sendmail_LIBS', `-lsasl2')

Hmmm, if I build sendmail myself, I have to leave Debain's package manager. That's what I wanted to avoid.

What about using something else but sasl for SMTP_AUTH and cyrus21 authentification?

:-))
Marcus

--

Marcus Schopen (0>
P.O. Box 10 25 25 //\ Deutsche Zope User Group