From: "Kevin P. Fleming" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Pål Olsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: Case sensitve user/mailbox names

> Pål Olsen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just implemented a new mail platform using Cyrus IMAPd 2.1.11 and
Exim
> > 4.12, and I wonder... how to deal with the fact that systems don't
allways
> > do want you expect..?
> >
> > It seem to me that exim/cyrus has problem with delivery of mail if the
> > mail-address are written in another case than the mailbox-name... E.g.
user
> > fridao@mydomain can't receive mail if the sender uses mail-address
> > Fridao@mydomain. How should I deal with that?
> >

> I have a router like this in my Exim 4.1x setup talking to Cyrus (at the
> appropriate place in the sequence, i.e. just before your Cyrus deliver
> router):
>
> lowercase_local:
>    driver = redirect
>    domains = +local_domains
>    redirect_router = local
>    data = ${lc:${local_part}}
>
> with the Cyrus delivery router being named "local".

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the
property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only for the person to
whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part
thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete all copies of this message.